Getting Data In

Help with Ingesting Data into Splunk Cloud HEC via python script

rford91

Hello all,

I am attempting to ingest data via a python script that retrieves data from an API and then forwards the results into my personal Splunk Cloud instance using the HTTP event collector.  I am running into an issue with the splunk field extractions when I run my python script and I have attached a screenshot below.  The results are being sent as one event when I want them to be sent as 19 individual events and the interesting fields are also including "near_earth_objects.2020-01-02") when I just want the fields to be "absolute_magnitude_h" since I intend to ingest historical data for multiple dates.  Is the issue with data formatting being sent from my python script or do I need to change a configuration in my splunk cloud instance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.splunk.JPG

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

If you don't have a problem with the license, you can get by with a query.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...