Getting Data In

HTTPEventCollector cannot create token due to sslVersion configuration

lyndac
Contributor

I'm trying to create a token in the HttpEventCollector input and I get the error: "A token cannot have individual configuration for sslVersions".

I am required to only allow splunk to use tls1.1 or tls1.2 for ssl. Therefore, I have the settings below. Is there a way a way around this?

inputs.conf:

[default]
sslVersion=tls1.1,tls1.2

server.conf:

[sslConfig]
sslVersion=tls1.1,tls1.2

web.conf:

[settings]
sslVersions=tsl1.1,tls1.2

The token I'm trying to create has these values:

Input Type: Token
Name:  accm
source name override:  N/a
Description:  N/A
Enable indexer acknowledgements:  yes
output group:  N/A
Allowed indexes:  accm_idx
source type:  accm-json

nmadhok
Path Finder

Hello,

Please remove sslVersion=tls1.1,tls1.2 from [default] section of your inputs.conf file and instead put it under [SSL] section of your inputs.conf file followed by a Splunk service restart.

inputs.conf:

[SSL]
sslVersion=tls1.1,tls1.2

The issue exists because when you put sslVersion under [default] stanza of your inputs.conf file, it gets copied into each HTTP Event Collector Token stanza ( http://<INPUT-NAME>; ). This should not be happening and is most likely a bug. When specifying sslVersion under [default] stanza of your inputs.conf, the intended/desired behavior should be the same as when specifying sslVersion under the [http] stanza of your inputs.conf file.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...