Getting Data In

Forwarder Port 9996 has intermittent connectivity issues since upgrading indexers to Splunk 4.3.2

balbano
Contributor

For some reason, ever since upgrading from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2, my 2 indexers have been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with the default Forwarder Port TCP 9996.

They are taking turns doing this and I am afraid this can affect my client forwarder traffic down the line.

Anyone else having this problem.

I submitted a case to Splunk about this but wondering is anyone else is having this problem.

I know for sure this has never happened before and this started happening when I upgraded to 4.3.2

Let me know if theres anything I should do or look at to determine the issue.

Thanks.

Brian

0 Karma
1 Solution

balbano
Contributor

My issue was due to the indexers being overloaded due to failed time parsing.

I have corrected this and the performance has much improved.

I still think there is something different in the way that Splunk handled time parsing prior to 4.3.2 since I have never experienced these connection issues but Splunk Support helped me isolate the issue.

Thanks.
B

View solution in original post

0 Karma

balbano
Contributor

My issue was due to the indexers being overloaded due to failed time parsing.

I have corrected this and the performance has much improved.

I still think there is something different in the way that Splunk handled time parsing prior to 4.3.2 since I have never experienced these connection issues but Splunk Support helped me isolate the issue.

Thanks.
B

0 Karma

dantimola
Communicator

Please share what you've done to resolve the issue. Thanks.

0 Karma

christantoy
Path Finder

Can you explain how did you do it?? because i'll experiencing this last week till now..

0 Karma

balbano
Contributor

Is there no one having this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...