Getting Data In

Filter data

aalaa
Path Finder

Hello ,
I need to filter data in a heavy forwarder ,
by discarding some of event : i have the field "id" in my data this field contains many type , i need to discard the id type id="1200006"

So , i try with this :

Propos.conf :
[source::tcp:516]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

transforms.conf :
[setnull]
REGEX =[.1200006.]
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

but it does not give a result !
Any help please , Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

That regex is incorrect. Square brackets are for defining character sets. In this case your regex will match any event containing literal dots, 1, 2, 0 or 6. So it would likely send pretty much all your events to the nullQueue. Just use REGEX = id="1200006".

You say "it does not give a result !". Do you mean you don't see any events anymore (explained by incorrect regex) or do you mean the config seems to have no effect? In that latter case: have you restarted the HF after adding that config? Have you checked using btool that that config is correctly interpreted by Splunk? Perhaps conflict with other transforms (setnull is not a very unique name and it must be a unique name).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

That regex is incorrect. Square brackets are for defining character sets. In this case your regex will match any event containing literal dots, 1, 2, 0 or 6. So it would likely send pretty much all your events to the nullQueue. Just use REGEX = id="1200006".

You say "it does not give a result !". Do you mean you don't see any events anymore (explained by incorrect regex) or do you mean the config seems to have no effect? In that latter case: have you restarted the HF after adding that config? Have you checked using btool that that config is correctly interpreted by Splunk? Perhaps conflict with other transforms (setnull is not a very unique name and it must be a unique name).

0 Karma

aalaa
Path Finder

i try with this :

Transofrms.conf :
[setnull]
REGEX = id ="1200006"
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Propos.conf :
[source::tcp://516]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

same result , the event with the id=1200006 rest exist

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Then have a look at the second part of my answer. And I think you can keep the [source::tcp:516] as you had it initially.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...