Getting Data In

Field Extraction, message separated by spaces

christinaef07
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi everyone, I need some help with extracting the field 'message' from my logs coming to splunk. Right now, I am able to see this field coming in as :

message=job py process completed successfully

When I extract this field, message, only 'job' is coming through. I am assuming this is because splunk can only read the first word, since they are all being seperated by spaces. Any way that I can fix this through Splunk or is this something I need to fix when formatting my logs through my application code? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Super Champion

@christinaef07 you can use below regex to extract whole string in message . below regex will extract everything after `message=` in message field.

...|rex "message(?<message>.*)"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...