Getting Data In

Exporting only dedup'd entries?

Davvvem
Engager

Hi All,

I've searched quite a lot but cant find a good method to get this workflow to work.

I've got a python script in splunk which returns a JSON and a dashboard which tables the results.

The script will import new entries when it is run daily.

I want to export the new table values as a .csv from Splunk and ensure I'm not exporting duplicates or entries that I've exported previously.

At the moment my thought process is that if I can tag entries with an import date I can filter out previous days imports.

Is there documentation or suggestions on how I can have new entries dedup'd and then only export new and unique entries?

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Here's what I would suggest.

Run your query once with the outputcsv command like you want to save your data. Now modify your search to make an input lookup with inputcsv on that csv file. Get your data in, do a dedup on the specified fields and after that, you're safe to do your outputcsv again. You can exclude unnecessary fields like mentioned in the outputcsv documentation.

If you need further assistance I'd need an example of your search.

Skall

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...