Getting Data In

Display only rows that contain the max value

obrienk
Explorer

I am attempting to use a pivot grid to display items in a grid that contain the max value of a column

Example:

UsersOrdersVersionNumber

I only want to display the rows that contain the max VersionNumber.
When doing something like this through the search command, I would use eventstats to store the max value and then test each row against that.

Example:
| eventstats max(VersionNumber) as Big | where VersionNumber = Big

I would have thought that the filter in the pivot table would have enabled me to do this but I have not been able to see a solution. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tags (3)

obrienk
Explorer

As an update to this question, I resolved the issue by moving away from the pivot table and using the eventstats in each query to limit the results to the max VersionNumber. This is now working.

obrienk
Explorer

Just to add, would it be possible to do this in the constraint when setting up the data model?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...