Getting Data In

Display JSON as list, not table

DavidB

Hi,

I'm trying to create some test data which contains some JSON embedded in it. I'm then trying to extract the JSON and display it, which is working with the following search string:

| makeresults | eval _raw="018-07-13 05:48:30.343 PDT [pool-3-thread-3]  INFO STATUS - {\"well_formed_json\": \"yes\"}"
| rex field=_raw "INFO STATUS - (?<json>.*)"| rename json as _raw

However the results are displayed in a table. I'd like the results to be displayed in a list view with with color-coding,  nested levels, etc.

Is this possible? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Is this what you are looking?

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="018-07-13 05:48:30.343 PDT [pool-3-thread-3] INFO STATUS - {\"well_formed_json\": \"yes\"}" | rex field=_raw "INFO STATUS - (?<json>.*)"| rex mode=sed "s/\\\//g" | spath input=json

R. Ismo 

0 Karma

DavidB

Hi Soutamo,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for. The results are still displayed in a table view.

I'm looking for the output to look like this:

json.PNG

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The view you are showing is Splunk's raw event view - your example does not have an event as such, as it's constructed with makeresults and I don't believe you can leverage the event view without a real event

It is possible with real events inside a dashboard with the event visualisation, but I don't believe it's possible with constructed data - or for that matter with data from a lookup with inputlookup as that does not generate true events.

If you really needed this, I suspect you could construct your test data, then 'collect' it to an index and then search it with another search from that index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...