Getting Data In

Data flow/input question - see data being received but does not appear indexed

mattshwink1
Loves-to-Learn

So I see data coming in:

04-13-2021 17:32:25.470 -0400 INFO StatusMgr - destPort=9997, eventType=connect_done, group=tcpin_connections, sourceHost=*.*.153.70, sourceIp=*.*.153.70, sourcePort=39820, statusee=TcpInputProcessor

But I can't find where this data is going.  I have the source info and have searched all indexes on the above IPs as well as keywords/fields from the source but can't find it.  Where does it go next?  How can I tell if the indexer is generating errors or rejecting it?

This data is being sent directly to my indexer cluster from a remote CRIBL source.  The data is text (comma delimited).

Where does the data go next?

Also, if I want to configure the IP do I configure a source in the cluster master under master apps and push it out:
/master-apps/cribl/local/inputs.conf
[tcp://*.*.153.70:9997]
index=cribl

or do I have to do this in /system/local/inputs.conf on each indexer? 

or do I have to forward to a HF first.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...