Getting Data In

Data delay in events

jahnavi
Loves-to-Learn

Using props.conf i'm able to extract the fields but on the Splunk dashboard, the data is not visible for the timing 05:26 pm and data is visible for 05:27 pm, if i check after 2-3 minutes the entry at 05:26 pm will be visible. On the dashboard the default time is last 15 minutes.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Events are retrieved based on the value of _time, so depending on how your event is parsed, it may appear in the index retrospectively.

For example, Apache httpd log entries are usually timestamped with the time the request came in e.g. 05:26, but it is written to the log when the request is completed, for example, 05:28. This means that it was not in the log at 05:27, but did appear "later"

0 Karma

jahnavi
Loves-to-Learn

Thank you for your response.

Please may I know what would be the solution.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search for the events after they have arrived in Splunk

0 Karma

jahnavi
Loves-to-Learn

Yes events have arrived but if I check in the graph for last 15 minutes, then few events are missing in last 5 minutes,is there any solution for this?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The short answer is probably no.

However, it may depend on your data, your applications doing the logging, your infrastructure, your networking, etc. None of this information is available to me. If there are delays built into any of these, there may be ways to work around them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...