Getting Data In

DB Connect Not fetching the schema of mssql server

theouhuios
Motivator

Hello

I am trying to connect DB Connect to a MS SQL server and facing few issues with it.

2014-02-06 11:03:20.774 main:INFO:MicrosoftSqlServer - Registering JDBC driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
}
2014-02-06 11:07:00.710 dbx8201:INFO:DatabaseInfoCommand - Fetching schemas for database=XXX_YY

I have the database.conf config as

[XXX_YY]
database = XXX_YY
host = abc
isolation_level = DATABASE_SETTING
password = xxxxxx
port = 1433
readonly = 1
type = mssql
username = xyz

Any ideas on where I am making a mistake. It works fine with oracle DB's. Is _ creating a problem?

Tags (1)

sroback_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi. There is a known issue (DBX-215) with a space in the database name causing parsing errors with DB Connect commands. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Releasenotes - Not sure if this pertains to names with _ as well.

theouhuios
Motivator

I will test it out without a _ later. For now looks like my issue is more with firewall rules than the issue with configs 🙂 Thanks for your time sroback

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...