Getting Data In

Control Tower AWS - Log Archive account access

yackle_official

HI Community,

I have been tasked with getting AWS Cloudtrail logs into Splunk. I have spent some time not just reading how to accomplish this but also testing it on my own AWS environment. The org that I work for uses control tower (not on the current version) to provide landing zones. If you know anything about the control tower, it basically provisions accounts on your behalf and sets up guardrails for ease of scalability. One account that is provisioned is name log archive which I am interested in. 

My question is, would I access this archiving account and setup a cloudwatch group and kinesis firehose stream? Or do I need to access the logs in this archive logging account from another account? Maybe I am not asking this question correctly but it seems like the control tower makes log aggregation easier but also complicates how to access the logs. 

Let me know if clarification is needed.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...