Getting Data In

Clarification on metrics.log (on forwarders)

yoho
Contributor

Splunk documentation about metrics.log is nice but not entirely up to date and complete according to me.

• In section "Tcpout connections messages", we are missing the aggregation parameter for the values. Is the data reported (like _tcp_KBps) by "name", by "destIp" , by something else ... ? I've tried to figure this out by graphing _tcp_KBps over time and use different aggregation parameters but I have never been able to get a continuous line with a growing value (which should be the case).
  • From time to time another field named "one_time_client=1" appears. What does it mean ?
  • When UseACK is true, you get 2 additional metrics : max_ackq_size and current_ackq_size. They are not documented as far as I know, what do they mean ?
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...