Getting Data In

Cisco ASR9k model-driven telemetry

andreas_wall
Engager

I have been looking in to using model-driven telemetry in our Cisco ASR9k's. At the moment I am looking mostly in to stream interface counters.

Information about this on Cisco.com:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-6/telemetry/configuration/gu...

From what I can tell it can encode the data in protocol buffer or JSON.

I am quite new to Splunk and wonder what is needed on Splunk side to be able to handle this data. Do I need to process the data somewhere else and then send to Splunk?

Thankful for any ideas and documentation you think I should look at. Also interested if someone else has done this and how.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Splunk has default out-of-box supported integrations on standard protocols and technology specific add-on's special purpose written for particular products being Cisco, AWS, MS Azure etc.

For your requirements you could start with existing add-on in Splunkbase which is like AppStore  for Splunk. Following add-on looks supporting ASR 9000 series devices to integrate and index data to Splunk.

Cisco Networks Add-on for Splunk Enterprise | Splunkbase

Splunk admin can help you installation of add-on splunk,  Make sure you verify the licensing terms of add-on.

If the licensing terms do not work for your case there is always a solution using standard protocols this could be enabling syslog/tcp stream on Cisco device and  Splunk has capability to receive it and index data.

-----------------------------

Please upvote if helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...