Getting Data In

Can you help me send events to null queue from a farm of heavy forwarders (syslog servers)?

iatwal
Path Finder

I have these types of logs coming into Splunk today from 3 heavy forwarders (syslog servers) via inputs.conf apps I've deployed from a deployer.

Sep 27 07:11:08 hq1acptrvra1202.me.com ea_tomcat: env=ACPT  profile=claymore Sep 27 07:11:08 hq1acptrvra1202.me.com ea_tomcat: env=ACPT  profile=claymore  (nmon) CMD (/etc/nmon-logger/bin/nmon_helper.sh /etc/nmon-logger /var/log/nmon-logger >> /var/log/nmon-logger/nmon_collect.log 2>&1) 

I want to send all events with "nmon" in them to the Null Queue. I created an app to send out props/tranforms to the Heavy Forwarders and for consistency I sent the same to our cluster of indexers. Logs are still coming in. What are we missing?

Source:

/vcaclog/ACPT/broker-fad-api/hq1acptrvra0775.me.com/ea_tomcat.log

everything segment after /vcaclog/ can be dynamic.

props.conf

[source::/vcaclog/*]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnull-test

transforms.conf

[setnull-test]
REGEX = (?m)(nmon)
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Try:

[source::/vcaclog/...]

* doesn't match across / characters in source.

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Try:

[source::/vcaclog/...]

* doesn't match across / characters in source.

iatwal
Path Finder

Thank you this worked!

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Glad to hear that 🙂

Please mark the answer as accepted, so others can also quickly find this as the correct answer if they stumble upon the same question 🙂

0 Karma

iatwal
Path Finder

so after /vcacalog/... I should have 3 dots?

0 Karma

Super Champion
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...