Getting Data In

Can I set kv_mode to JSON in the configuration file for a Splunk DB Connect input?

kknopp
Path Finder

I have a lot of experience with front end querying and search time Splunk queries, but I am less familiar with the back-end magic that can happen in Splunk.

I've created an input with DBX that returns an ID and a JSON from our database into Splunk. I tried parsing the JSON with spath, rex sed, and other options for a few hours yesterday, to no avail. If I could set the kv_mode to json in the config file, I think my life will be much easier. My question is, can (and how) would I do this? Are there any documents/previous threads that would have this information? Since the input is a query, and not a static file, I wasn't sure if it was configurable. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible, sorry. Probably better off with spath.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible, sorry. Probably better off with spath.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...