Getting Data In

Can I change the management port 8089 on only the vCenter universal forwarders?

mvjaarsveldt
Engager

Hi - I've seen various discussions on this topic, namely 8089 used by vCenter as well as SPLUNK's deployment server but not always being resolved.

From a server environment the vCenter ports (can't be changed) and we're considering only changing this port on the Universal Forwarder, not on the Deployment Server otherwise the whole environment needs to be adjusted. What would be the best practice process to follow changing these on the vCenter (forwarder) environment.

Note: As an alternative we're looking at Syslogs and digesting these.

Any practical experiences with users having had to perform these already?

Thanks

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As per change the default values you can run (for example):

splunk set  splunkd-port 9089

Alternatively you could bind the universal forwarder to a different IP/port through splunk-launch.conf or you could update web.conf through changing:

[settings]
mgmtHostPort = 127.0.0.1:9089

If you were attempting to push this via the deployment server then web.conf is an option...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...