Getting Data In

Blacklist pattern for distsearch.conf

ride76
Explorer

Does anyone have any examples of regex used in the Blacklist patterns for distsearch.conf? We are trying to limit what gets replicated in distributed searches and I thought this would be a good start. We currently have the following in our distsearch.conf:

system [replicationBlacklist]
system lookupindexfiles = (system|(apps/(?!pdfserver))|users(/_reserved)//)/lookups /.index($|/...)
system sampleapp = apps/sample_app/...

I am guessing replacing "sampleapp" with a current application that is running on my Splunk instance will stop this app from replicating. Is this correct? Do I need additional regex?

asimagu
Builder

Hi

There are a couple of options that you can use for this regex. Both of them worked for me:

[replicationBlacklist]
sample1 = ...appname1...
sample2 = .appname2.

That would blacklist the whole lot of files from those apps, you could also only blacklist specific files from inside an app by including the whole path to the file

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...