Getting Data In

Batch File

cassie90

Hi,

Does anyone of you know how to run a batch file in the background. meaning I just want it to be invisible not minimized or taskbar or anything. I hope to get a reply soon asap. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi cassie90

are you talking about windows batch jobs? they can be started as scheduled jobs and then they are not visible, if you configure the job this way.

hope this helps

regards

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi cassie90

are you talking about windows batch jobs? they can be started as scheduled jobs and then they are not visible, if you configure the job this way.

hope this helps

regards

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if you double click a bat file you get either a minimized windows in the taskbar or the window itself. try writing another bat locks like this

@echo off

start "window1" /min cmd.exe /c batch1.cmd

start "window2" /min cmd.exe /c batch2.cmd

start "window3" /min cmd.exe /c batch3.cmd

start "window4" /min cmd.exe /c batch4.cmd

echo four minimized background command prompts running four scripts

and run this new one, this will start new batches in background.

0 Karma

cassie90

erm. the at command runs only on command prompt right? But I want it to run on the background once I double click the batch file. is that possible?

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you can spend some kudos and make the questions disapear from 'unanswered' answers by clicking the 'correct' button 🙂

0 Karma

cassie90

oh. all right. I shall go try it out. Thank you so much (:

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313565/EN-US
if you use the /interactive option then you get a window for this job. if you don't use the option, well you will not see a thing 😉

0 Karma

cassie90

yeap I'm talking about the windows batch jobs. you mean the scheduled task in windows? May I know how to make it invisible by doing the scheduled task?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...