Getting Data In

Azure DevOps Daily Commits Info in Splunk

ps23
Explorer

Has anyone tried this add-on to pull the tfs commits into Splunk via Azure DevOps (Git Activity) - Technical Add-On. I tried installing this app on one of the heavy forwarder but inputs section of this add-on does not work.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ps23
Explorer

This helped, there were few more errors in the python which I fixed too. Thanks 

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Have you configured the Add-On or just try to add new inputs? Usually you must 1st create connection to your Azure and correct organisation. 

Azure organization is your own AzureDevOps organisation what ever it's, not tenant eg. in Entra ID. Then you must create your own security token under that DevOps organization/project, which has enough access to get that information.

Then it seems that those python scripts have not tested enough. As all python libraries are under separate lib directory (correctly) not in bin directory, they must be additional path in those scripts. Otherwise it cannot found needed libraries.

I fixed it on my test env like

import os
APP_LIB_FOLDER = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "..", "lib")
sys.path.insert(0, APP_LIB_FOLDER)

Just add those before it try to import e.g. solnlib.

That fix needs to do all those files which are directly used from splunk side.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

ps23
Explorer

The data gets ingested one time only when the inputs are first configured. The interval for the inputs have been set as 3600 still no events are written.   Internal logs shows that inputs are running but no new events are logged.  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...