Getting Data In

Azure Authentication Logs - Authentication Method Field- How to filter?

Dmikos1271
Explorer

In our Splunk environment, we currently ingest Azure AD logs and we have three different sourcetypes:

azure:aad:signin
azure:aad:audit

azure:aad:user

There no missing events and the ingested data is very rich. However, I don't see any way within the Splunk ingested Azure signin data to to filter by authentication method (Single-factor vs multi-factor). This is something that can be done via Azure Active Directory, Monitoring, Sign-in logs but I do not see any reference to it in my Splunk data (I do see a lot of conditional access enforcement and the other primary fields, but not any of the secondary fields that could be used for filtering in Azure):

Dmikos1271_0-1653058959208.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...

Reminder! Splunk Love Promo: $25 Visa Gift Card for Your Honest SOAR Review With ...

We recently launched our first Splunk Love Special, and it's gone phenomenally well, so we're doing it again, ...