Getting Data In

Automatic Load Balancing

Adpafer
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello,

I set up several hosts in Forwarding and Receiving section (different servers and ports) to forward logs. I can see there is Automatic Load Balancing option ENABLED. I want to have it DISABLED but do not know how to disable it.

Can anybody help me pls ?

thanks, pawel

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The "Forwarding and Receiving" settings menu section is just a simplified version of specifying a default target group in outputs.conf. For a more complicated setup (like selectively forwarding events from single indexes or sets of indexes to specific receivers) you need to configure that in configs manually (it involves more than just defining outputs - it requires assigning proper metadata in props/transforms) - see the link provided by @gcusello .

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Adpafer,

what do you mean with disable Automatic AutoLoadBalancing and why do you want to do this?

Anyway, if you want to send logs from one UF to a specific Indcexer (there's no reason to do this!), you can use only that address in the outputs.conf of the UF.

if you want to perform a selective forwarding, see the configurations at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad#Route_inputs_to_sp...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Adpafer
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi 🙂

Indexer can forward logs to other servers (forwarding and receiving)and I have to configure IP nad port of the host to which indexer can forward logs. I have two hosts visible in GUI (Forwarding and Receiving):

serverA:portA

serverB:portB

The problem is that I do not want to send all logs to these hosts. I want to send logs from IndexA to hostA  and logs from IndexB to hostB. Can I do it or I cannot ? If yes, how?

Thanks and regards, pawel

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Adpafer,

yes, you can, following the instructions on the above url.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...