Getting Data In

Any way to send events to two indexes (on the same indexer cluster) simultaneously ?

robgarner
Path Finder

Hi -

I briefly need to ensure that events from one UF (multiple sources) are duplicated in two indexes on one index cluster (developmentmumbledashboardupdatesetc).

I can't find any references in the docs; looks like most people want to know how to NOT duplicate events.

Anyone done this ?  Got advice for how to proceed ?

Thanks,

-Rob

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That seems kinda counter-productive. If your data is indexed twice, you'll use up your license twice for those events.

You could forward a copy of an event from HF to another HF (something based on https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad#Replicate_a_subset... ) and try to rewrite the destination index there but I'm not sure it would work at all. Just a guess.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think that you could copy data with props and transform and change index of another feed. Unfortunately I haven’t example in my hand, but I have seen quite similar case in one of my clients environment.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...