Getting Data In

After rebuilding a Splunk server, is there way to centrally tell all my forwarders to resend all logs prior to the system going down?

erickopp
Engager

Recently I had to rebuild our Splunk server. Luckily we had the config files so was able to get everything back up and running quickly. However, now all my servers have begun forwarding the logs in as expected, but I am missing everything prior to the system going down. Is there a simple way to centrally tell all my forwarders to resend all the logs?

0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

I assume the Splunk server you erbuilt was an Indexer and now you want all data from log files which were earlier indexed prior to the issue. For that please remove everything from splunkforwarder/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket in the Splunk forwarder and it should restart monitoring as new and resend everything

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...