Getting Data In

After editing the KV Store for my custom app, why do I receive error "The lookup table is invalid" when using the inputlookup command?

Super Champion

Hi,
In Splunk 6.4.5 standalone on Windows. After creating an app, I added a stanza in transforms.conf and collections.conf in default folder. Then after adding few entries in that KV Store i am able to see through |inputlookup command
Then i added transforms.conf and collections.conf in the local folder of the app and then added stanza for KV Store, but when i tried |inputlookup command it gives me error as "The lookup table is invalid".
Please advise.

1 Solution

Super Champion

Finally issue is resolved now. It was permission issue on my windows as suggested.
On Splunk Folder >Propperties>Security Tab>Advanced>In Advanced Security Settings>Given Full Control Access for particular User-Admin and tick on checkbox-"Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object".
Then Apply these settings.
Thanks @MuS @woodcock and @mattymo

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...