Getting Data In

Add Search bar to custom app built with Add On builder

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

Hi Splunkers, I have a doubt about a custom app customization.

For a customer, we created with Splunk Addon Builder a simple app to use as "container": every customization we perform, such as Correlation rules, reports and so on, is assigned to this app. So, in its first release, the app has no particular panel, features and so on; let's say that just "exist". To be clearer: if I login and open the app, what I see is  this:

SplunkExplorer_0-1701771943777.png

and that's totally fine, due we did not perform any kind of customizations.

So now, the question is: if I want to include the search function inside this app, how I can achieve this? I mean, we want avoid, when when we need to perform a search, to go on Search and Reporting app; we would be able to perform searches inside our app. For now, we don't need panel with specific charts, based on particular query: we want simple to be able to use (if it is possible of course) the Search and Reporting app/its functionality inside our app.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bharathkumarnec
Contributor

@SplunkExplorer , Navigate to Settings --> User Interface --> Navigation menus & in the default navigation menu for the corresponding app add below:

<view name="search" />

Thanks!

View solution in original post

bharathkumarnec
Contributor

@SplunkExplorer , Navigate to Settings --> User Interface --> Navigation menus & in the default navigation menu for the corresponding app add below:

<view name="search" />

Thanks!

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

It works! Thanks a lot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...