Getting Data In

API for Splunkbase

felixhuettner
Engager

Hi all,

is there an API for splunkbase.splunk.com?
I want to automatically check which apps of the ones we currently use are available for 6.6
I would also like to check if i need to upgrade the apps for that to work, or if i can use the current version of the apps.

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, there is somesort of an API for Splunkbase. Splunk Enterprise uses it to install/upgrade apps within itself. So you'd have to sniff the traffic and see the calls being made, then use a rest client to perform them on your behalf. This is undocumented, I believe, but should be fully available.

View solution in original post

joe_kraxner
Explorer

I needed to do something similar. There is a great app I discovered a couple weeks ago, Analysis Of SplunkBase Apps for Splunk (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2919/) that exceeded my expectations and needs. I highly recommend it.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, there is somesort of an API for Splunkbase. Splunk Enterprise uses it to install/upgrade apps within itself. So you'd have to sniff the traffic and see the calls being made, then use a rest client to perform them on your behalf. This is undocumented, I believe, but should be fully available.

felixhuettner
Engager

Thanks alacercogitatus,
then I will file an Enhancement Request for that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...