Getting Data In

API call to return graph (visualization)

iamgame

Can someone help and point me to some documentation on how to use the REST API to run a search and stream graph (visualization) results back? Please note I am looking for graph (eg. time series etc.) output stream.

Thanks a lot.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@iamgame, your request is not quite clear. Are you looking for reference to newly introduced Splunk Developer Cloud which is current in Beta?

https://conf.splunk.com/conf-online.html?search=1703#/

iamgame

Sorry for not being that clear.

I have a nodejs app that calls the Splunk API to do a search query. Example:

splunkService[splunkEnv].oneshotSearch('search index=test SERVICE="myservice" | timechart avg(RESPONSETIME) by SERVICE', searchParams, (err, results) => {
// code here.
});

The output from splunk is JSON data. Wanted to know if there is a way to get chart itself as an output.
In the current case, I have to use the JSON data and chartjs to build the chart myself.

Thanks a lot.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@iamgame then that is definitely the current use case and way to go. If you want Splunk Visualizations as well in your external apps, you should request for Splunk Developer Cloud Beta program which was announced in Splunk .Conf this year or reach out to your Splunk Sales contact. Check out the Splunk Developer Cloud sessions at .Conf in the link provided in my previous comment to see if it fits your needs.

iamgame

Ok. Thank you @niketnilay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...