Splunk Dev

Splunk SDK connect through a proxy

jklumpp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is it possible to connect to Splunk using the Java or Python SDK through a proxy? In looking through the documentation this does not seem to be supported.

Tags (1)

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For server side languages, going through proxy should work too but I am not sure I understand your use case. That is a common ask for browser related code and we have some documentation on how to go through proxy in that scenario.

Are you running into any specific issue?

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I understand now what you are asking for. Unfortunately, the Splunk SDKs don't have that capability at this point. You will have to roll your own for now.

0 Karma

jklumpp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The server that will initiate the connection to Splunk must go through a proxy to connect with Splunk. The documentation that you are referring to is when the connection from Splunk itself to the internet must go through a proxy which is really not related to this question. So basically what I am looking for is a way to specify a proxy host and port in addition to the Splunk host and port in (Java SDK for example) the HttpService class.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...