Splunk Dev

Splunk SDK connect through a proxy

jklumpp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is it possible to connect to Splunk using the Java or Python SDK through a proxy? In looking through the documentation this does not seem to be supported.

Tags (1)

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For server side languages, going through proxy should work too but I am not sure I understand your use case. That is a common ask for browser related code and we have some documentation on how to go through proxy in that scenario.

Are you running into any specific issue?

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I understand now what you are asking for. Unfortunately, the Splunk SDKs don't have that capability at this point. You will have to roll your own for now.

0 Karma

jklumpp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The server that will initiate the connection to Splunk must go through a proxy to connect with Splunk. The documentation that you are referring to is when the connection from Splunk itself to the internet must go through a proxy which is really not related to this question. So basically what I am looking for is a way to specify a proxy host and port in addition to the Splunk host and port in (Java SDK for example) the HttpService class.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...