Splunk Dev

Java heap space

mocquax
Engager

Dear Splunk,

2012-03-21 15:54:51,020 0 [main] ERROR com.splunk.jdbcscriptedinput.Main - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
2012-03-21 16:34:32,108 0 [main] INFO com.splunk.jdbcscriptedinput.QueryRunner - Retrieved and printed 1226776 rows.
2012-03-21 16:35:32,111 60003 [main] INFO com.splunk.jdbcscriptedinput.QueryRunner - Time expired. Ending query loop.

Do you know how to increase the limit of this Java heap space ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

As per Brian's suggestion :

If it is this app you are referring to :

• open splunkjdbcscriptedinput\bin\run.sh
  • after the "java" command paste in the JVM heap settings

java -Xmx256m -Xms512m -cp .:lib/* com.splunk.jdbcscriptedinput.Main $QUERY_NAME/query.properties $QUERY_NAME/query.pointer 2> $LOG_PATH

You can use larger heap memory sizes depending on your JVM architecture(32/64 bit)

Brian_Osburn
Builder

Uh, need more information.

What app is this? Usually for java you can look for the "java -Xmx256m -Xms512m" line which sets the max (mx) and min (ms) memory used.

Brian

Brian_Osburn
Builder

I'm not familiar with this script, so I couldn't really tell you where to modify it.

Is this a Splunk provided script? Or part of an app?

0 Karma

mocquax
Engager

Actually this the jdbc scripted input. Where can i add this sentence named "java -Xmx256m -Xms512m"? run.sh script ?

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...