Splunk Dev

How can I set app in java sdk

junwhuan

Hi, I am new to Splunk. I am using splunk java sdk. I have following questions:

1. how can I set up the HTTPS request? I see there is a setHTTPSHandler function in ServiceArgs source code, but I can't use it. The weird thing is even I don't set up the HTTP request, I can still get data from my splunk instance. So can somebody explain it?
  2. How can I set up the app with setApp function? I have many applications in my splunk, but how do I know the application name? For example, one of my app name is "LBSP V", but I have to use "lbsp_v" for the RESTful API, where can I find the real name for my application? And how should I use it in my splunk SDK.
  3. How to set up the time range? I am now trying to use the following things, but it doesn't work. (no error). serviceArgs.put("earliest_time", "2013-10-27T00:00:00.000-07:00"); serviceArgs.put("latest_time", "2013-10-28T00:00:00.000-07:00"); How can I use it and how can I set the UTC time for the search?
  4. How can I get the results from my dashboards? Do I have to perform the searches in the dashboard one by one? Is there any way to get all the saved searches in my dashboards? (using java sdk)
  5. where I can find the detailed the java sdk documents and examples?
0 Karma

junwhuan

Thank you so much. I have read the document, but haven't find more useful information. But I'm get answers from others. Most of the questions have been solved.

0 Karma

junwhuan

Thank you so much. I have read the document, but haven't find more useful information. But I'm get answers from others. Most of the questions have been solved.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've never used the SDK, so I can't answer your first four questions, but I do know that the documentation for the Java SDK is on the Splunk developer portal. Hope that helps a little.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...