Deployment Architecture

script doesn't run. error Couldn't start command "" Resource temporarily unavailable

harry521

I have a few sh scripts scheduled to run every few min and those stop recently, and print this error in the log. To work around is simple as bouncing the forwarder instance, but it only works for a day or two and die again. Anyone has any thoughts?

Couldn't start command "/app/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nix/bin/xxx.sh": Resource temporarily unavailable

Tags (1)
0 Karma

maciep
Champion

I am not a linux admin by any means, but I would look at your ulimits for the Splunk user that's running the forwarder. Maybe the scripts are finishing fast enough and your number of processes is growing until you hit those limits? Just a thought.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...