Deployment Architecture

jQuery Upgrade Issue - Need Guidance

sanjai
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I received a notice about upgrading jQuery to version 3.5 or higher, and I ran a jQuery scan through the Upgrade Readiness dashboard. The incompatibility issue is coming from my custom app.

The file in question: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\custom_app\appserver\static\help\en-GB\jquery.js
needs to be updated.

Remediation(Sugested by the dashboard): The jQuery 1.11.1 bundled with the app introduces vulnerabilities. Splunk apps must use jQuery 3.5 or higher, as lower versions are no longer supported in Splunk Cloud Platform.

What I’ve done so far: I downloaded the new jQuery.js file from jquery.com, renamed it, and replaced the file in the specified path and restarted splunk, but this hasn't resolved the upgrade issue.

I'm unsure of the next steps and would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

Thanks!

Upgrade Readiness App  

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sanjai
Path Finder

Hello All,

Has anyone encountered a situation like this before?

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise Security 8.0!

Join us on Wednesday, November 20 to learn about Splunk Enterprise Security 8.0!To enhance SOC efficiency, ...

Mastering Threat Hunting

Register to watch Mastering Threat Hunting on Monday, November 18Join us for an insightful talk where we dive ...

Upcoming Community Maintenance: 10/28

Howdy folks, just popping in to let you know that the Splunk Community site will be in read-only mode ...