Deployment Architecture

forward oracle/weblogic logs

vj3478

Hi,

I am new to splunk and tyring to configure forwarding of weblogic output logs. Splunk enterprise is installed/set up on serverA and universal forwarder on serverB which has weblogic server running on it. Below is the inputs.conf of universal forwarder on serverB.

inputs.conf of universal forwarder:
[monitor:///opt/user_projects/domains/wlsDomain/servers/ms1/logs/ms1.log]
disabled = false
sourcetype = log4j
index = true

./splunk list forward-server

192.168.11.12:9997

When I do a search "host=serverB", I do not see any data from the weblogic server. Can anybody please help me with set up or let me know where can I find useful documentation (i tried for apache http and it works, but not for weblogic).

0 Karma

pmdba
Builder

The "index" parameter in your inputs.conf file should name the Splunk index in which your data will be stored; unless your index is named "true", you probably need something else here. Make sure you have created an index on the indexer to hold the data, and that it is named here. See this documentation for an example of what should be in inputs.conf. You should also have an "outputs.conf" file defined that tells the forwarder where to send its data. See the documentation here for more information on outputs.conf.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...