Deployment Architecture

dynamic token values in dashboard to re-run search query

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,
I am using the splunk delivered cluster command , code is something like this : <some event rows> |cluster showcount=t match=ngramset labelonly=true t=$val$
Now, t takes a value from 0.1 to 0.9. I am passing this through a token in the dashboard. Under certain circumstances, if the cluster formed is not too good, changing the value of t (either increasing/decreasing it) yields far better results.
My question is - is it possible to re-trigger the query AFTER a panel search has been done and an initial cluster results generated?
For example, say i pass t=0.3 through tokens in the dashboard. The above search runs, and after it finishes executing, say I have a criteria that if returned results are greater than 20 , i want to narrow down the cluster and put t=0.4
How, do I achieve this? I have tried changing the $val$ token in progress and done post search event handlers but the same is not working. What happens for example ,if i use something like
<condition match="'job.resultCount' > 0">
<eval token="val">if('job.resultCount'>20,$val$+0.1,$val$)</eval>
<set token="show4"></set>
</condition>
</done>

is that the search keeps running for ever. In this case when more than 20 result rows are generated, the value of the token does change to 0.4 BUT then the search query executes again with t=0.3 (which I am setting at the beginning of the dashboard to have the first cluster generate results. It then again comes to the match condition and if results >20 rows it sets t=0.4, goes back to the initial search query, the value of t changes to 0.3 and this keeps running forever.

Any clues?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...