Deployment Architecture

Why would Splunk identify one of the server roles of my indexer as a License Master within the Monitoring console ?

mhouse3
Path Finder

Why would Splunk identify one of the server roles of my indexer as a License Master within the Monitoring console under general set up on the SH, when in fact I previously configured all of my indexers as serving as an indexer only in stand alone mode?  Is this a bug in Splunk?  Each instance of Splunk sits on its own sever.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mhouse3
Path Finder

Never mind. I figured it out. I don't see how to delete a question in here. Admins please delete.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

did you save the MC configurations?
did you configure your Indexers as License Slaves to your License Master?

0 Karma

mhouse3
Path Finder

Never mind. I figured it out. I don't see how to delete a question in here. Admins please delete.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...