Deployment Architecture

Why are my accelerated reports not leaving the "Summarization not started" state?

chustar
Path Finder

In my search head cluster, one of my accelerated searches does not seem to be able to run its summarization.

It's summary status keeps flipping between:

Summarization not started
and

0% Complete

It also reports that: Last Updated: 22h 59m ago.

How do I diagnose why this report does not run?

Edit:
I was seeing this error in the splunkd.log:

Line 90050: 10-11-2017 10:10:49.817 -0700 ERROR SHCRepJob - failed to delegate job job=SHPDelegateSearchJob peer="TC-SPLUNKSRCH2", guid="<GUID>" saved_search=system;; err=error accessing https://<SEARCHHEAD2>:8089/servicesNS/a-markle/search/shcluster/member/delegatejob/_ACCELERATE_<SEAR..., statusCode=404, description=Not Found

But after a rolling restart of the cluster, it seems to be running again:
Its summary status is now reporting as:

Building summary - 6%

0 Karma

blacknight659
Explorer

This is a tough one.

Can you check the job inspector or perhaps the splunkd.log? ,Hard to say what is happening. Can you post anything from the job inspector or perhaps the splunkd.log?

0 Karma

chustar
Path Finder

Thanks, I've updated the question with an error from the splunkd.log.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...