Deployment Architecture

What is the queue "tcpout_peer_nodes" for? I'm seeing it fill up in metrics.log on my universal forwarder

gregbo
Communicator

I'm seeing the queue "tcpout_peer_nodes" almost fill up on my UF:

06-11-2018 10:40:18.384 -0400 INFO  Metrics - group=queue, name=tcpout_peer_nodes, max_size=7340032, current_size=7296696, largest_size=7296696, smallest_size=7296696

Anybody know what it's for or how to change it? Google literally has 0 hits for "tcpout_peer_nodes", same with Splunk Answers.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gregbo
Communicator

I answered my own question: "peer_nodes" is the name of my output stanza (duh). I changed the size of it under that stanza.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gregbo
Communicator

I answered my own question: "peer_nodes" is the name of my output stanza (duh). I changed the size of it under that stanza.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...