Deployment Architecture

What happens if you forward the data from Heavy Forwarder to Universal Forwarder

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have anyone tried sending data from HF to UF? I know it's a stupid question. 😉  And I know it's not going to work.

If someone has tried it before intentionally or by mistake, then I'm curious to know what happens in this scenario, what error HF will throw, and what error UF will throw.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not a stupid question. And I can imagine a relatively valid scenario when you would like to have a HF forwarding via UF. Theoretically, I don't see why UF shouldn't pass such traffic but I've never tested it and it may turn out that it doesn't 🙂

Just try and see. What is the worst that can happen? It will not destroy your servers 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...