Deployment Architecture

What does status=delegated_remote OR status=delegated_remote_completion mean in the scheduler log?

ben_leung
Builder

If looking at scheduler log from a single search head in the search head cluster, what does status=delegated_remote OR status=delegated_remote_completion mean? Does it mean that the search that was running to the current search head move to another search peer to run and complete?

jcrabb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is logged on the captain in scheduler.log when a remote job is delegated to a member and when a remote delegated job is completed on a member.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer

BP9906
Builder

How do you determine the peer the search was sent to?
I have a 2 peer SH cluster and the captain says status=delegated_remote and we received no alert. Not to mention that the other peer (not captain) is configured to be adhoc searching only. So why did the captain delegate it?

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

member_label / member_guid / member_uri from the same message. I've seen the captain report that it delegated a search to itself.

0 Karma

awilliams_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How do you have a two peer SHC? At least 3 Search heads are required.

0 Karma

ben_leung
Builder

I have not yet seen the scheduler skip a search yet... Wondering how the log looks like when it does skip... Anyone experience this in SHC yet?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...