Deployment Architecture

Universal forwarder is unable to connect Deployment server . I see below error in Deployment server for the client Ip

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Universal forwarder is unable to connect Deployment server . I see below error in Deployment server for the client Ip

10-11-2018 09:09:59.340 +0800 WARN ClientSessionsManager - Client with Id 'XXXXX-XX-XXX-XXX-XXXX' has changed some of its properties on the latest phone home.Old properties are: ip=XX.XX.XX.XXX dns=XX.XX.XX.XX hostname=XXXXXXX build=4b804538c686 uts=windows-x64 name=XXXXX-XX-XXX-XXX-XXXX. New properties are: ip=XX.XX.XX.XXX dns=XX.XX.XX.XX hostname=XXXXXXX build=4b804538c686 uts=windows-x64 name=XXXXX-XX-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mbagali_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This issue happens due to duplicate GUID issue [If you have cloned multiple instances from the same OS image].

You can follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

gin to problem Universal forwarder .

• Go to /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/ and rename instance.cfg to backup_instances.cfg

• Restart the UF splunk service

• Go to /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/ and check that new instance.cfg has been created

• Go to DS and run below to see if the UF is connected and listed:
    splunk list deploy-clients

• List item

View solution in original post

mbagali_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This issue happens due to duplicate GUID issue [If you have cloned multiple instances from the same OS image].

You can follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

gin to problem Universal forwarder .

• Go to /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/ and rename instance.cfg to backup_instances.cfg

• Restart the UF splunk service

• Go to /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/ and check that new instance.cfg has been created

• Go to DS and run below to see if the UF is connected and listed:
    splunk list deploy-clients

• List item

splunkyj
Path Finder

This worked for me as well. However, I would like to add there are 2 other places to ensure that your instance name matches the hostname - which is commonly related to this issue as well. 

in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/inputs.conf  
check host=setting that may be the old hostname  

in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf  
 check servername= setting that may have the old hostname

Give me a thumbs up if you found this helpful 🙂

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

A thread with the same message - Client with Id ... has changed some of its properties on the latest phone home.

It's at - What do I look at in splunkd.log to troubleshoot deployment client issues?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...