Deployment Architecture

Unable to remove records from the Deployment Server

TF39

Hi guys, i'm in need to delete some records from the deployment server although, when i do it via the forwarder management i get the "This functionality has been deprecated" alert. Is there any other way i can proceed?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

reddsbaron
Observer

I see the same issue with trying to delete a duplicate and it never goes away

0 Karma

kfinn
Explorer

I'm seeing this same behavior since upgrade of Splunk HF to version 9.2.2. There is a server that has been retired, usually I would delete the record, and if that system comes back online for any reason it would show back up. Is there another way to remove, or will it drop off over time?

Kevin

0 Karma

FTS2020
Observer

I had this same issue on a new install of Splunk, clients that still didnt have universal forwarder remove were connecting to this new instance. After removing the UF from those machines I was trying to delete from client list and was receiving this message and would not go away. I needed to reenable deployment server on the new instance in order for me to delete clients by running the following command. Worked for me hope it helps.

sudo /opt/splunk/bin/splunk enable deploy-server
sudo /opt/splunk/bin/splunk restart

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk is Nurturing Tomorrow’s Cybersecurity Leaders Today

Meet Carol Wright. She leads the Splunk Academic Alliance program at Splunk. The Splunk Academic Alliance ...

Part 2: A Guide to Maximizing Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Welcome to the second segment of our guide. In Part 1, we covered the essentials of getting started with ITSI ...

Part 1: A Guide to Maximizing Splunk IT Service Intelligence

As modern IT environments continue to grow in complexity and speed, the ability to efficiently manage and ...