Deployment Architecture

UF to Intermediate UF to Splunk Cloud SSL Connections

Engineer330426
Observer

I am having trouble with my current deployment in using UFs on all laptops and having a UF(intermediate Forwarder) in our DMZ to then Forward up to cloud.  The reason for this is we want all laptops to be able to reach the UF in the DMZ even when not on VPN ( using SSL).  The only ports open on the UF in the DMZ from the internet are 8089 and 9997, the DMZ UF can send outbound on those ports as well.

##UF outputs.conf on Laptops##

[tcpout:server group]
server = sing server address:9997

# SSL SETTINGS
#clientCert = $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/server group_outputs/auth/server.pem
sslCertPath = $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/server group_outputs/auth/UF_INT_server.pem
sslRootCAPath = $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/100_splunkcloud/default/UF_INT_cacert.pem
useClientSSLCompression=true

What should the inputs.conf file look like to establish the connection between the UF(laptop) and Intermediate Forwarder and then the outputs.conf file look like to establish the connection between the Intermediate Forwarder and the cloud all using SSL.  Can both inputs and ouputs use port 9997 as well?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...