Deployment Architecture

Splunk service on search heads going inactive after rolling restart

agentsofshield
Path Finder

I made a splunk.service file inside /etc/systemd/system so I could manage splunk like a service.
Here is what i wrote inside it:
`[Unit]
Description=Splunk

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/opt/splunk/bin/splunk start
ExecStop=/opt/splunk/bin/splunk stop
Restart=on-failure`

After I made the service, every time I did a rolling restart on the search heads the service became inactive in all of them.
Is the Restart=on-failure interfering with the restart? what can I do to fix it?

Thanks.

1 Solution

agentsofshield
Path Finder

The problem was indeed with Restart=on-failure it should be Restart=always and then it works like a charm!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

agentsofshield
Path Finder

The problem was indeed with Restart=on-failure it should be Restart=always and then it works like a charm!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...