Deployment Architecture

Splunk Cluster Master Peer Handler Error

tprzelom
Path Finder

04-14-2014 13:03:09.199 -0700 ERROR ClusterMasterPeerHandler - Cannot add peer=x.x.x.x mgmtport=8089 (reason: non-zero pending job count=2090)

I've got walls of this error on the cluster master. Anyone know what's causing it and how serious of a problem it is?

Tags (3)

tprzelom
Path Finder

Initially the peer value consisted of all of my indexers, but as the count value wound down I was left with 2 peers showing the errors with a count value of less than 10.

Those 2 peers showed the following in their logs repeatedly.

04-17-2014 11:02:03.853 -0700 WARN CMSlave - handleHeartbeatDone: successful heartbeat and re-add not received but proxy is in disconnected state. Forcing re-add.
04-17-2014 11:02:03.853 -0700 INFO CMSlave - event=addPeer resetting masks for all buckets on clearAndReadd

Eventually the error subsided which I attribute to the cluster reaching a state of homeostasis with its replication rate because my search and replication factors are not met yet.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...