Deployment Architecture

Need help with weird behavior when deploying an app to a SHC from the deployer

glancaster
Path Finder

Hi all,

So I pushed my initial bundle of apps to my SHC without issue. I made a change to a .conf file (authentication) in one of the apps and redeployed and I got confirmation from the deployer the app was pushed but the app still contained the old configuration. I then pulled the app completely and redeployed and verified that app was pulled from the cluster. I put the app with the new configuration I want back into /etc/shcluster/apps/ and redeployed but somehow the old configuration is being pushed the the cluster.

Any ideas on what is causing this to happen?

0 Karma
1 Solution

glancaster
Path Finder

Splunk was working as expected - I had a config overriding in the local folder of the app. Oops!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

glancaster
Path Finder

Splunk was working as expected - I had a config overriding in the local folder of the app. Oops!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...