Deployment Architecture

Monitoring of remote directory

sushma7
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have installed Universal forwarder on one of the box that I need to monitor.In that machine I want to monitor a particular folder under E drive, say E:\Splunk. The splunk folder has inturn two more directories ftplogs and NPCI. The NPCI inturn has set of directories which inturn has some logs in it. Splunk can monitor only few directories under NPCI but not all, why is it happening so? Need your suggestion.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Sushma.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It is likely that the files contain identical content in important sections and have the same CRC so are being interpreted as the same file (only forward it once):
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Howlogfilerotationishandled

You can Salt with the filename with crcSalt= so this will not happen.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Please read the troubleshooting tips I gave you.

sushma7
Path Finder

Under inputs.conf file i just enetered [monitor:///E:Splunk]
disabled =false
recursive = true
Is thereanything more I need to enter?

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the troubleshooting tips I gave you.

sushma7
Path Finder

Kindly someone help me on this

0 Karma

sushma7
Path Finder

To be more clear i shall say this way E:\Splunk has 2 folders ftplogs and ncpi. ftplogs has 5 more folders in it say a,b,c,d,e. the folder a has 10 log files in it with names SystemOut_14.03.2014_18.07.01, SystemOut_14.03.2014_18.07.02 like that ....till 18.07.10. But from SPLUNK machine I could just view only the first log file but not the rest, though I gave monitor=[E:\Splunk] under inputs.conf file

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Impossible to say without more details. General troubleshooting tips: check splunkd.log for errors, use amrit's script at http://blogs.splunk.com/2011/01/02/did-i-miss-christmas-2/ to see which file inputs Splunk has and what status they have.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...