Deployment Architecture

Keep getting this error message on my Light Forwarder client

balbano
Contributor

Hi,

For some reason I keep seeing the following error message coming from one of my light forwarder clients.

01-12-2012 14:52:02.545 ERROR BTreeCP - failed: failed to mkdir /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/splunk_private_db/snapshot.tmp: No space left on device

More than enough space should be available for this so called dir to get created and the appropriate file permissions are in place to make this happen.

Anybody ever see this? If so how can this be corrected.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Brian

Tags (2)
0 Karma

LewisWheeler
Communicator

Had same issue - was due to no iNodes remaining, caused by some scripts creating too many files. Ran df -i as per sowings comment above and it was fixed.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"No space left on device" can sometimes occur if you've run out of inodes. In addition to checking "df", consider also checking "df -i".

0 Karma

jonathon
Path Finder

I just had the same issue on a couple of my light forwarders, but without the "no space" message. I restarted the forwarders that that took care of the issue. I will update once I dig into this a little more.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...