Deployment Architecture

Is it possible to allow users outside of my network to access Splunk Enterprise?

dablab
Explorer

Am I able to set up a Splunk instance that would allow users outside of my network to enter my Splunk instance in a VM environment? Can anyone link me to documentation that will help.  

Preferably something  that can be connected via URL like this  https://splunk.samsclass.info 

(Username: Student1

Password: Student1)

Just something in a safe environment that a few people can play around in. 

Does Splunk itself allow this ability?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dablab,

you have to expone a Splunk server outside of your network, with all the dangers you can imaginate.

you can use the normal rules for a problem like this, there isn'ìt a guideline for this in addition to the good sense!

All depends on the relevance of these data.

Maybe it could be more sure to use a VPN or adopt a multifactor authentication.

On Splunk, you have to create on the exposed Splunk Server a role with limited features and data access limited to the strickly necessary.

Eventually, you could think to use an instance on Splunk Cloud, where the data to display are replicated.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...